Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get Food?

Come by the pantry any time on Tuesday or Thursday between 10 - 2 or Wednesday 4 - 6:30.  You will need to complete an attestation form and provide proof of residence on an annual basis.

Do I need to bring any paper work?

Yes, you must show proof of residence.  A valid state issued id (driver's license, SNAP card, etc.) or piece of mail that has your current name & address on it are acceptable documents.

What is an attestation?

An attestation is a form that needs to be completed by the client and kept on file at the food pantry.  It is used to certify that you are eligible to receive food from The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) because you either receive assistance from other programs or you meet the income eligibility guidelines.  The USDA and New York state require this document.

Where are you located?

We are at 31 Center Street in Geneseo in the basement of the Central Presbyterian Church on the corner of Center and Second streets.  The entry door faces Second Street.

What are your hours?

We are open Tuesday and Thursday from 10 - 2 and Wednesday 4 - 6:30.

How many times can I make use of the Food Pantry?

Local residents who live within the Geneseo Central School District can use the pantry 2 times per month.  Out of District residents may use the pantry 1 time per month.

Can I pick up food for others?

Yes, you can pick up food for other households.  We will need a completed attestation form as well as proof of address for the household you are picking up for.

%d bloggers like this: